Moorestown Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The same medical professionals you seek when you need treatments for an injury can be the people who hurt you if they don’t do their jobs correctly. When a medical provider causes their patient’s condition to worsen due to some form of medical negligence or mistake, it is called medical malpractice – and it happens all the time. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), medical malpractice is the third leading cause of preventable death in the country.
What does medical malpractice commonly look like?
- Failing to diagnose cancer or a serious illness
- Diagnosing an ailment as a different one
- Prescribing incorrect medication type or dosage
- Making a severely ill patient wait too long for treatment
- Mixing patient records
- Surgery mistakes, like leaving surgical equipment inside a patient
If you or a loved one got worse after seeing a medical professional and you suspect medical malpractice might be the cause, call (732) 585-1651 and connect with Stofle Zeigler. Our medical malpractice attorneys in Moorestown can evaluate your situation, determine if you have a valid claim, and file it against the correct parties if you do.
Defendants in a medical malpractice claim can vary, including:
- Medical assistant staff
- Pharmacy technicians
- Entire hospital groups
Our team is here to support you in this trying time. Contact us today.
How Medical Malpractice is Determined
Simply going to the doctor and not recovering from your injury or illness is not enough to constitute medical malpractice. After all, illnesses and injuries can be difficult to understand and harder to treat, even with modern medicine. The key to a medical malpractice claim is negligence, as with any other personal injury claim.
There are four prerequisites to fill when proving medical malpractice occurred:
- You had a doctor-patient relationship with the medical professional who caused your harm, or who negligently did not prevent further injury or illness.
- The doctor who treated you made a medical error by acting outside of accepted medical standards.
- The medical error did cause you to suffer some sort of worsened injury or illness.
- The injury or illness resulted in actual damages, like furthered medical bills, suffering, and lost wages.
If all four of these prerequisites can be proven, then your medical malpractice claim will be valid and stand a good chance in a courtroom or during mediation. As your Moorestown medical malpractice lawyers, we will work diligently on your claim and investigating the evidence of medical malpractice. Meanwhile, we just want you to rest and take care of yourself as best you can.
Call our compassionate team at (732) 585-1651 today. We look forward to helping you!