Advocating For Your Rights
Creative, Fair & Flexible Solutions
Alimony & Spousal Support Attorney in Ocean County
Fighting to Get You the Support You Deserve
One of the many factors that often comes up during divorce proceedings is the question of spousal support or alimony. At New Jersey Family Law Group, we help achieve favorable alimony or spousal support determinations on behalf of our clients, regardless of if they are the one who will be paying or receiving support. Our Ocean County alimony and spousal support attorneys work tirelessly to find a resolution that works for your unique situation, no matter how complex or contentious the case may be.
Contact us today at (732) 240-9555 to learn how our Ocean County alimony attorney can help you with fair alimony and spousal support resolution.
How is Spousal Support Determined in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, the amount and duration of spousal support and alimony are determined by a number of statutory factors.
These factors include, but are not limited to:
- The length of the marriage
- Each spouse’s income and education level
- Ability to gain employment
- The needs of the spouse requesting alimony
- The ability of a given spouse to pay
- Standard of living during the marriage
- Each spouse’s parental responsibilities
At New Jersey Family Law Group, our Ocean County spousal support attorneys are dedicated to obtaining fair resolutions in regards to spousal support, including modification petitions. We understand that many business owners, doctors, dentists, and other professionals are understandably protective with respect to their income. On the other hand, it is not unusual for one spouse to not disclose their full income to the other spouse. In such cases, we have access to a number of forensic accountants and investigative experts who have experience identifying undisclosed income.
The Five Types of Alimony in New Jersey
There are five types of alimony in New Jersey. Depending on a number of factors, you may pay or receive one or a combination of the following types of alimony:
- Open durational alimony: For those in longer marriages, or when one spouse gives up a career or education to support the family, permanent alimony may be ordered.
- Temporary alimony: For lower-earning or unemployed spouses, temporary alimony covers the costs incurred during the process of divorce.
- Limited duration alimony: In this type of alimony, support is given to a spouse until he or she becomes self-supporting.
- Reimbursement alimony: A spouse who supported his or her spouse’s education is compensated after the divorce.
- Rehabilitative alimony: This type of alimony is given to the spouse who is working towards becoming self-supporting. The spouse must provide to the court the steps that he or she is taking and how long it will take to achieve the necessary training, education, and employment.
At this time, there is no set formula as to how permanent is calculated. However, it is usually applied in marriages that have lasted 11 years or more. The higher-earning spouse, or the one who provided the most financial support during the marriage, would be expected to pay permanent alimony until he or she retires or the receiving spouse marries another.
Contact Our Ocean County Spousal Support Lawyer Today
At New Jersey Family Law Group, our alimony lawyers in Ocean County have years of experience handling divorce and family law cases – we can help you find the right solution for you and your spouse. We have helped numerous clients find agreeable alimony and spousal support resolutions; let us help you.
Experienced In Fearlessly Fighting For Our Clients Best Interests
Send your information today to schedule a free consultation with our Award Winning legal team.
With legal experience handling complex divorce and family law matters—especially those involving business owners, executives, asset owners, and their spouses—our legal team has the proven ability to fearlessly protect our clients’ best interests.
Contact Our Team: 732-240-9555
Contact Our Team:
Contact Our Firm
Our Trusted Team Is Available When You Need Guided Legal Counsel
Well-Versed in Executing Complex Cases
Ms. Stolfe and Ms. Zeigler have extensive knowledge in divorce litigation and family law mediation matters, from pre-nuptial agreements and post-judgment litigation. Our team has reached countless favorable resolutions on behalf of individuals involved in high-net-worth, complex, and litigious cases. As dedicated family lawyers, our goal is to guide our clients to the right path towards emotional and financial resolution.
We have repeatedly provided trusted legal counsel, with the solid goal of de-mystifying what is often a client’s first experience with our judicial system.