Advocating For Your Rights
Creative, Fair & Flexible Solutions
Moorestown Child Custody Lawyers
Get Our Experienced Legal Team on Your Side
Child custody is arguably the most sensitive issue in divorce and family law. The possibility of not being able to see your child every day can be frightening for parents, which is why child custody disputes are often hotly contested. In addition to the overwhelming emotions associated with child custody matters, the legal process can also present complications which can you vulnerable to pitfalls which can be detrimental to your case.
If you are involved in a highly disputed child custody case, our Moorestown family law attorneys at New Jersey Family Law Group can protect your rights and best interests throughout the legal process. We are committed to making sure you are able to raise your child in a healthy and loving environment. Do not hesitate to let us help you get the best results possible.
Our Moorestown child custody attorneys can help you fight for your parental rights. Contact us online or call us at (732) 240-9555 today.
Child Custody Laws in New Jersey
There are two main types of custody to be determined in every child custody case: legal and physical custody. Legal custody involves making educational, medical, religious, and other life decisions on behalf of the minor child, while physical custody entails where the child will live.
In most cases, both parents are given joint legal custody of their child, which means they have an equal right to make decisions based on the child’s welfare. On the other hand, there are various arrangements for physical custody, such as the following:
- Sole physical custody – When the child’s primary residence is with one parent, while the other is given parenting time and visitation.
- Shared physical custody – Although the child’s primary residence is with one parent, the other parent’s home is an alternate residence for the child. Division of visitation time depends on the parenting schedule.
- Joint physical custody – When the child lives with both parents equally.
To determine custody and visitation arrangements, New Jersey family law judges make their decisions based on “the best interests of the child.” According to state law, the child’s best interests are to have a close and constant relationship with both parents.
The following are several factors when it comes to the best interests of the child:
- The parents’ relationship with one another
- The child’s relationship with both parents
- The age and gender of the child
- Each parent’s willingness to accept and adhere to the child custody arrangements
- Each parent’s general fitness to provide care for the child
- The location of each parent’s residence
- The size of the family unit
- The child’s wishes (if the child is over 12 years of age)
- The stability of the home environment
- Special needs of the child
- Any history of domestic abuse, drug use, or other criminal activity
Let Us Start Your Case Today!
Our Moorestown family lawyers can take the time to thoroughly review your case, listen to your needs, and determine all your available legal options in order to resolve the matter with your goals in mind. We understand that every family situation is unique, which is why we offer personalized and compassionate legal solutions for our clients.
Experienced In Fearlessly Fighting For Our Clients Best Interests
Send your information today to schedule a free consultation with our Award Winning legal team.
With legal experience handling complex divorce and family law matters—especially those involving business owners, executives, asset owners, and their spouses—our legal team has the proven ability to fearlessly protect our clients’ best interests.
Contact Our Team: 732-240-9555
Contact Our Team:
Contact Our Firm
Our Trusted Team Is Available When You Need Guided Legal Counsel
Well-Versed in Executing Complex Cases
Ms. Stolfe and Ms. Zeigler have extensive knowledge in divorce litigation and family law mediation matters, from pre-nuptial agreements and post-judgment litigation. Our team has reached countless favorable resolutions on behalf of individuals involved in high-net-worth, complex, and litigious cases. As dedicated family lawyers, our goal is to guide our clients to the right path towards emotional and financial resolution.
We have repeatedly provided trusted legal counsel, with the solid goal of de-mystifying what is often a client’s first experience with our judicial system.