Alimony & Spousal Support Attorney in Toms River
Fighting to Get You the Support You Deserve
One of the many factors that often comes up during divorce proceedings is the question of spousal support or alimony. At Stolfe Zeigler New Jersey Divorce Group, we help achieve favorable alimony or spousal support determinations on behalf of our clients, regardless of if they are the one who will be paying or receiving support. Our Toms River alimony and spousal support attorneys work tirelessly to find a resolution that works for your unique situation, no matter how complex or contentious the case may be.
Contact us today at (732) 585-1651 to learn about how we can help you with fair alimony and spousal support resolution.
How is Spousal Support Determined in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, the amount and duration of spousal support and alimony are determined by a number of statutory factors.
These factors include, but are not limited to:
- The length of the marriage
- Each spouse’s income and education level
- Ability to gain employment
- The needs of the spouse requesting alimony
- The ability of a given spouse to pay
- Standard of living during the marriage
- Each spouse’s parental responsibilities
At Stolfe Zeigler New Jersey Divorce Group, we are dedicated to obtaining fair resolutions in regards to spousal support, including modification petitions. We understand that many business owners, doctors, dentists, and other professionals are understandably protective with respect to their income. On the other hand, it is not unusual for one spouse to not disclose their full income to the other spouse. In such cases, we have access to a number of forensic accountants and investigative experts who have experience identifying undisclosed income.
The Five Types of Alimony in New Jersey
There are five types of alimony in New Jersey. Depending on a number of factors, you may pay or receive one or a combination of the following types of alimony:
- Open durational alimony: For those in longer marriages, or when one spouse gives up a career or education to support the family, permanent alimony may be ordered.
- Temporary alimony: For lower-earning or unemployed spouses, temporary alimony covers the costs incurred during the process of divorce.
- Limited duration alimony: In this type of alimony, support is given to a spouse until he or she becomes self-supporting.
- Reimbursement alimony: A spouse who supported his or her spouse’s education is compensated after the divorce.
- Rehabilitative alimony: This type of alimony is given to the spouse who is working towards becoming self-supporting. The spouse must provide to the court the steps that he or she is taking and how long it will take to achieve the necessary training, education, and employment.
At Stolfe Zeigler New Jersey Divorce Group, our experienced Toms River divorce lawyers can help you find the right solution for you and your spouse. We have helped numerous clients find agreeable alimony and spousal support resolutions; let us help you.
Need an alimony or spousal support attorney in Toms River or nearby? Call Stolfe Zeigler New Jersey Divorce Group at (732) 585-1651 today.